Academic advising الإرشاد الأكاديمي
Academic advising is an ongoing process of communication and information exchanges between the advisor and student designed to contribute to the student's development, and achievement of personal and educational goals.
College of Applied Medical Sciences, Department of Nursing believes that academic advising is an integral part of a student's educational experience. As advisors, we are committed to preparing students for success in the academic setting by assisting students in the development of skills to define and achieve their academic goals.
Provide student's accurate information and a meaningful educational plan in the development of academic and professional goals.
To provide the highest quality of advising, serving as a primary source of Information, self-fulfillment and professional excellence .
1) Help students in achieving their academic goals.
2) Communicate regularly with students to monitor and evaluate their educational progress.
3) Teaching students to utilize university resources to maximize their unique educational and personal potential.
4) Ability to serve as a source of referral and connect to students.
5) Search the problems faced by the student during her study such as personal, social or educational or other, and work to find appropriate solutions to ensure that it functioned well in their studies.
6) To help them make the most of resources and assistance available in the institution.
Role of an Academic Advisor
· Assisting students with identifying academic goals that are consistent with their capabilities, interests and educational background
· Helping students define and develop their educational plans
· Clarifying academic policies, regulations, program requirements, procedures and other pertinent information
· Informing students of their roles and responsibilities
· Being knowledgeable about institute and community resources, and how to appropriately refer students to these resources
· Supporting academic success, and assisting students with their monitoring of their progress toward achieving their goals
What Students Should Expect of their Academic Advisor in Department of Nursing:
Nursing Students have a right to expect their advisor to:
· Be knowledgeable about Nursing program requirements, curriculum, and professional/career opportunities within their field
· Be knowledgeable about best Nursing practices to ensure academic success
· Seek out information that they may not know or refer students accordingly to the appropriate resources
What an Academic Advisor Expects of each Student in Department of Nursing:
Nursing Students have a responsibility to:
· Read and understand all University policies and procedures
· Consult with advisors regularly regarding courses, academic successes, challenges, and difficulties, career exploration and career development
· Maintain scheduled appointments, and be prepared for appointments with appropriate documentation and materials
· Utilize the tools provided by the Nursing Department to monitor progress towards degree completion and document course plans for subsequent semesters.
When to See an Academic Advisor
Each student is responsible for ensuring that their academic advisor is well informed about their successes and challenges at Department of Nursing, College of Applied Medical Sciences. It is crucial for students to share essential information about their interests, goals, challenges, academic progress and future career plans so that their academic advisor can assist them in the best possible manner. All students are required to meet with their academic advisor prior to each registration period. However, it is also important for students to contact their academic advisor whenever they are facing a challenge that affects their success; to discuss student involvement, internships, career preparation and to apprise their academic advisor of their successes and progress toward their educational goals.